Companion Manual for Training
Companion Manual for Training to accompany Creating an Inclusive Environment: A Handbook for the Inclusion of People with Disabilities in National and Community Service Programs
This trainer’s manual ‘toolkit’ has been developed by the National Service Inclusion Project (NSIP) to accompany the Corporation for National and Community Service publication, Creating an Inclusive Environment: A Handbook for the Inclusion of People with Disabilities in National and Community Service Programs. It is designed to:
- Provide disability inclusion training for staff, program, and site development.
- Support efforts to fully and meaningfully include individuals with disabilities in national and community service programs.
- Build sustainable inclusion teams with partners to effectively exchange resources and ideas around disability inclusion.
In this manual, you will find resources to assist in the facilitation of training on recruiting, engaging, and supporting service members and volunteers with disabilities in national and community service. The materials are designed with adult learning strategies, principles of universal design, and multiple learning styles in mind.
How to use these materials:
The materials are divided in four primary areas:
- CNCS' Commitment to Inclusion - contains information on the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act.
- Level 1 represents introductory and intermediate topics on disability inclusion.
- Level 2 represents advanced topics on disability inclusion and resources on building inclusion teams.
- National Partners - an overview of and information on NSIP's partnering organizations.
Upon selecting any of these links on the left, you will find information on disability inclusion you may use to create your own training materials.
For assistance with accessing any of the materials and/or facilitating training from the content of this manual, or any other area of disability inclusion, please contact the National Service Inclusion Project (NSIP) at 1-888-491-0326 (toll-free voice/TTY) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.